Taking care of a child’s heath and nutrition is the most important as well as time consuming. For many of you it is very confusing to know exactly what are the ways to uplift your child’s heath and nutrition so that you can assure your child’s optimum level development. So here are few simple ways to uplift your child’s health:
Reduce sugar intake:
Sugar intake keeps our immune system concealed and leaves our body open to bad bacterias. It is better to reduce the sugar intake of your child at the right time.
How to reduce your child’s sugar intake?
- Water and milk are the only drinks your child should be having on regular basis. Fizzy drinks and packaged fruit juices contain extremely high amount of sugar and added sweeteners. You must resist giving your child these drinks. Instead, make fresh fruit juice at home and serve them straight from the kitchen.
- Breakfast is the most appropriate time to take healthiest intake of food which can hold our immunity for whole day. So, instead of giving your child artificially sweetened food give them oats and cereals.
- Mealtime cravings can make your child moody. Do not let it take over your child’s healthy routine. Learn and make some greatly nutritious and exciting recipes for your child.
Essential vitamins in daily diet:
This is the time when your child requires highest level of overall growth. At this age, you must not ignore the proper intake of effective vitamins by your child. You always worry about your child’s vitamin intake and think of other ways to uplift your child’s health. Following are the vitamins that a child need along with their benefits:
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is good for eyes, immune system and skin. Food rich in Vitamin A are green vegetables and milk.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 is good for brain function, nerve function and red blood cells production.food rich in Vitamin B6 are beans, nuts, red meat, egg, spinach.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is good for bones, teeth and skin. Food rich in Vitamin C are citrus fruits, berries, tomatoes.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is good for bones and calcium absorption. Food rich in Vitamin D are egg yolk and milk.
Maintain a proper time based meal chart for your children and follow it regularly. A timely diet improve the child’s eating habits and helps his/her body to digest properly. Your child’s meal chart should be something like this:
- Fruits & vegetables: 2-3 servings per day
- Grains: 6-11 servings per day
- Meat and other proteins: 2 servings per day
- dairy : 2-3 servings per day
Track your child’s mood:
A child’s mood can largely affect their health. Regular crying or irritation can make them weak. Kids are too sensitive and that makes them very moody regarding to their eating habits as well. These are the things you should do to handle your child’s mood:
- Don’t ignore your child’s mood swings. It can cause major affect on their development.
- Don’t just be a parent. Be a friend. Understand what they need from their perspective.
- Take out time for your kid and get involved in new and exciting things.
- Stay positive with your child. Do not get angry or irritated in front of the. Kids learn what they see.
Get your child involved in yoga:
We all know that yoga is the ultimate exercise for people of every age. It is best to involve your child in yoga if you want your child’s overall development. Yoga enhances eternal as well as internal parts of a child’s body. It also helps in improving digestion. Given are few benefits of yoga:
- Yoga improves digestion which is very important for children as it improves immunity.
- Yoga helps muscle development and makes it more flexible. This will make your child healthy and strong.
- Yoga keeps mind happy and healthy. Your kid will start behaving much wisely and will be happier than before.
- Yoga helps in overall development.
Yoga is one of the best ways to uplift your child’s health.
So now you know simple steps to take good care of your child. Now you can stop worrying because we are here to help you in every situation of your child’s growth. Try the above steps and they will surely help you. It will also improve your bond with your child. These tips will help you in understanding ways to uplift your child’s health.